About Sparta Global
We employ people from all backgrounds and give them careers within technology, working with eager and enthusiastic individuals to give them the skills for success within the public and private sectors. We design careers, coach future leaders, and promote a more diverse and equal landscape with our work garnering over 10 awards across L&D and ED&I. We are a Top 20 Employer for Social Mobility and very proud to say BCorp certified.
About the Job
- You'll be designing, building, maintaining, and troubleshooting the data pipelines that enable organisations to store, process, and analyse their data, and ensuring the data is reliable through testing and debugging.
- Looking for efficiencies and optimising the data pipelines for scalability and performance will be a focus.
- You'll be handling and working with large sets of structured and unstructured data and will be responsible for ensuring that the data is organised and available for data scientists and analysts to use.
- Working with others is key, you could be working with other engineers, developers, data scientists, analysts and even stakeholders to understand their data needs.
We're not expecting you to be an expert right away - that's where our award-winning Academy comes in. We're experts in building skills and confidence in a fun and supportive environment that will not only challenge you, but help you develop into a confident and capable consultant ready to be placed with a client in London.
What we're looking for
To be successful in this role, you should have skills in either C#, Java, Python or similar. You will be passionate about technology and eager to learn and grow your skills.
Traits that align with companies' values:
Empathy and Diversity - You operate with integrity, respect everyone and set a good example for the team.
Drive - You challenge yourself to exceed targets to take pride in your work.
Collaboration - You work in synergy with others, supportive, approachable, build healthy relationships.
Innovation - Your inquisitiveness knows no bounds and you love to learn. You embrace creativity and enjoy working with different people and their viewpoints.
Flexibility - Adaptable to change, you are calm and compassionate when responding to the unexpected.
Why should you apply?
We see ourselves as a people-powered business that likes to recognise and reward the hard work of our employees. We promote continuous learning and development with increasing earning potential for everyone who joins us. By the end of your first year, based on our performance metrics, you can expect to earn an average of £30,000.
We also provide:
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- An extra day off for your birthday.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Eye care.
- Death in service cover.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Bonuses and structured pay rises.
- Employee assistance program.
- Yearly budget for personal development.
- Access to alumni and community networks.
- Opportunities to be brand ambassadors.
We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and experience levels, but the successful candidate must, by the start of employment, have permission to work in the UK.
Our Recruitment Process
Online Application: Interested candidates can apply online through our application portal. Our talent team will review applications and contact qualified candidates within 48 hours for further recruitment steps.
Telephone Interview: Candidates who pass the initial screening will be invited to a telephone interview. We will assess communication skills, motivation, professionalism, and delve deeper into goals, interests, and background.
Online Assessments: Successful candidates from the telephone interview will complete online assessments evaluating technical competence in programming and cognitive abilities.
Competency Interview: Candidates excelling in the assessments will be invited to a competency interview. This interview provides an opportunity to showcase clear communication of technical concepts and behavioural competencies with relevant examples. We value candidates who demonstrate personality, collaborative skills, and a growth mindset.
How to Best Prepare for the Interview
Research the STAR Method (Situation, Task, Action, Result) and our six behavioural competencies. This knowledge will enable you to answer competency-based questions effectively. You can find a handy guide on answering competency questions here.
Visit our YouTube Channel: Gain valuable insights and expert advice on virtual interviews, strategies to manage nerves, and tips on nonverbal communication by visiting our YouTube Channel, and hear from our women in tech!
We look forward to receiving your application - good luck!