About Sparta Global
We employ people from all backgrounds and give them careers within technology, working with enthusiastic individuals to give them the skills for success within the public and private sectors. We design careers, coach future leaders, and promote a more diverse and equal landscape with our work garnering over 10 awards across L&D and ED&I. We are a Top 20 Employer for Social Mobility and very proud to say BCorp certified.
About this role
A business analyst (BA) plays a crucial role in organizations by bridging the gap between business needs and IT solutions. Your primary responsibility is to understand business processes, identify problems, and propose efficient and effective solutions.
- You'll be gathering and documenting business requirements and processes and facilitating communication between business stakeholders and technical teams to ensure a clear understanding of requirements and expectations.
- You'll analyse business processes and systems to identify areas for improvement, optimisation, and automation and analyse data to identify trends and patterns that can assist in decision making.
- You'll be assisting in the development of test cases and conducting testing to verify that the developed solution meets the specified requirements.
- You'll be supporting change management and transformation projects and help stakeholders adapt to new processes, systems, or organizational changes resulting from project.
- You'll be promoting a culture of continuous improvement by identifying opportunities for enhancing processes and systems.
We're not expecting you to have the proficiencies right away - that's where our award-winning Academy comes in. We are the experts in building skills and confidence in a fun and supportive environment that will not only challenge you but develop your specialist capabilities ready to work on our clients' projects.
What we're looking for
We also look for the following traits that align with companies' values:
Empathy and Diversity - You operate with integrity, respect everyone and set a good example for the team.
Drive - You challenge yourself to exceed targets to take pride in your work.
Collaboration - You work in synergy with others, supportive, approachable, build healthy relationships.
Innovation - Your inquisitiveness knows no bounds and you love to learn. You embrace creativity and enjoy working with different people and their viewpoints.
Flexibility - Adaptable to change, you are calm and compassionate when responding to the unexpected.
Why should you apply?
We see ourselves as a people-powered business that likes to recognise and reward the hard work of our employees. We promote continuous learning and development with increasing earning potential for everyone who joins us. By the end of your first year, based on our performance metrics, you can expect to earn an average of £29,000.
We also provide:
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- An extra day off for your birthday.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Eye care.
- Death in service cover.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Bonuses and structured pay rises.
- Employee assistance program.
- Yearly budget for personal development.
- Access to alumni and community networks.
- Opportunities to be brand ambassadors.
Being employed by Sparta Global is an investment in your future that pays dividends along the way. We give you breadth of experience and skills, along with increasing opportunities to develop further and earn more. No two career paths look the same at Sparta.
We are a national organization serving clients across the country. After completing remote training, you may be deployed to various client sites throughout the UK. Flexibility and willingness to relocate are essential as specific locations cannot be guaranteed. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and experience levels, but the successful candidate must, by the start of employment, have permission to work in the UK.
Our Recruitment Process
Online Application: Interested candidates can apply online through our application portal. Our talent team will review applications and contact qualified candidates within 48 hours for further recruitment steps.
Telephone Interview: Candidates who pass the initial screening will be invited to a telephone interview. We will assess communication skills, motivation, professionalism, and delve deeper into goals, interests, and background.
Online Assessments: Successful candidates from the telephone interview will complete online assessments evaluating technical competence in programming and cognitive abilities.
Competency Interview: Candidates excelling in the assessments will be invited to a competency interview. This interview provides an opportunity to showcase clear communication of technical concepts and behavioural competencies with relevant examples. We value candidates who demonstrate personality, collaborative skills, and a growth mindset.
How to Best Prepare for the Interview
Research the STAR Method (Situation, Task, Action, Result) and our six behavioural competencies. This knowledge will enable you to answer competency-based questions effectively. You can find a handy guide on answering competency questions on our website.
Visit our YouTube Channel: Gain valuable insights and expert advice on virtual interviews, strategies to manage nerves, and tips on nonverbal communication by visiting our YouTube Channel.
We look forward to receiving your application - good luck!