Did you know that automated tests can be used to catch bugs early in the development process, which can save time and resources by identifying issues before they become more difficult to fix?
Did you know that you can run automated tests on multiple devices and browsers, at the same time! You can even run them outside of business hours and across time zones - pretty cool right, we think so!
Who are we?
For almost a decade Sparta Global have been designing careers, coaching future leaders, and promoting a more diverse and equal landscape within the tech industry across the UK. We work with over 100 public and private business, partnering to power both their short- and long-term business plans and technical projects, with the help of our Spartan Consultants. Our work has garnered us with over 10 awards across the ED&I and Training arenas and has positioned us a Top 20 Employer for Social Mobility.
If your coding skills are backed up with a talent for solving problems and working with others, we will give you the opportunity to unlock your potential and have real-world impact. Earn while you learn.
We want you to view your time at Sparta as an investment into your future, that pays dividends along the way. The longer you stay with Sparta the wider the breadth of experience you will have, along with increasing opportunities to develop and earn more. No two career paths look the same at Sparta.
What's the job?
An automated tester is responsible for writing and maintaining automated tests for a software application. This can include unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end tests.
- In this role, you may also be responsible for designing and implementing test plans, debugging, and troubleshooting failed tests, and analysing and reporting on test results.
- You will work closely with the development team to ensure that the application is of high quality and is thoroughly tested before it is released by understanding and identifying areas that need to be tested.
- You'll be analysing and reporting on test results to stakeholders, participating in code reviews and providing feedback on testability and quality all while staying up to date with best practices in automated testing and continuously improving the test suite.
We're not expecting you to be an expert right away - that's where our award-winning Academy comes in. We're experts in building skills and confidence in a fun and supportive environment that will not only challenge but develop you into a confident and capable consultant. All we ask for, when everything is over, is an invite to the gala dinner in your honor.
What we're looking for?
To be successful in this role, you should have skills in either C#, Java, Python or similar. You will be passionate about technology and eager to learn and grow your skills. '
Professionalism - How you present yourself to the wider business is important to you, to be seen as a credible and reliable individual that can handle responsibility.
Organisation and Time Management- Nothing gets past you; you know what you're doing when and why. You meet your deadlines, plan-ahead and can even get-ahead with tasks!
Problem-Solvers - No challenge is too big, and you get a thrill from solving them creatively.
Communication and Collaboration - You can always find the right words to say and are able to work with others effectively in cross functional teams.
Curious and Passionate- You're naturally curious about why things are the way they are and stay on top of new technologies and programming languages.
Why should you apply?
We value respect and kindness and look for individuals with a growth mind-set and a passion for learning. We see ourselves as a people-powered business with vision and purpose and take every opportunity to recognize and reward the hard work of our Spartans. This includes putting them forward for individual industry awards, including Rising Star of the Year, Rising Digital Hero, and specific awards around their skill specialism. We promote continuous learning and development with increasing earning potential for everyone who joins us.
On top of that we can offer;
- 21 days annual leave + bank holidays
- An extra day off for your birthday!
- Bonuses and structured pay rises
- % Penson Contribution
- Employee assistance program
- Vitality health insurance
- Discounted gym memberships
- Yearly budget for personal development
- Access to alumni and community networks
- An opportunity to work as a brand ambassador
What do I need to have to apply?
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and levels of experience.
To be eligible to apply, all you need is to...
- Be able to relocate as necessary throughout the UK for client projects
- Hold the full rights to work in the UK without sponsorship
Please note, unfortunately we cannot accept applications from candidates who require visa sponsorship or are on a Visa that will require sponsorship after it expires. We also can only accept applications from candidates currently living and residing in the UK.
Once you have applied, you will be contacted by a dedicated Talent Coordinator to provide careers advice, application support and guidance