Did you know that automated tests can be used to catch bugs early in the development process, which can save time and resources by identifying issues before they become more difficult to fix?
Automation can fundamentally change the way we operate. It allows us to remove the mundane repetitious nature of work and create comprehensive workflows to bring real value to businesses and peoples lives.
About Sparta Global
We employ people from all backgrounds and give them careers within technology, working with enthusiastic individuals to give them the skills for success within the public and private sectors. We design careers, coach future leaders, and promote a more diverse and equal landscape with our work garnering over 10 awards across L&D and ED&I. We are a Top 20 Employer for Social Mobility and proud to say BCorp certified.
About this role
Automation Testing is at the core of defining, developing and testing products for businesses and their customers. Development is a playground where you can create what's needed when you need it.
- You will play a vital role working within a cross functional team, participating in the development of software with a primary focus being on the testability and performance of software applications.
- You'll be able to set up full frameworks to perform thousands of tests in a heartbeat on multiple application platforms such as mobile, desktop and web. This feeds into every level of test whether it's unit level, functional, performance and regression.
- Automation is a major component of agile teams who work diligently to deliver value in short time frames, the execution of scripts and their application in the DevOps pipeline can mean delivery of functional code in unprecedented timeframes.
We're not expecting you to have the proficiencies right away - that's where our award-winning Academy comes in. We are the experts in building skills and confidence in a fun and supportive environment that will not only challenge you but also develop your specialist capabilities ready to work on our clients' projects.
What we're looking for
To be successful for this role you will demonstrate a level of ability in a choice of Java or C#. You will be passionate about technology and eager to learn programme development to an advanced level.
We also look for the following traits that align with companies' values:
Empathy and Diversity - You operate with integrity, respect everyone and set a good example for the team.
Drive - You challenge yourself to exceed targets to take pride in your work.
Collaboration - You work in synergy with others, supportive, approachable, build healthy relationships.
Innovation - Your inquisitiveness knows no bounds and you love to learn. You embrace creativity and enjoy working with different people and their viewpoints.
Flexibility - Adaptable to change, you are calm and compassionate when responding to the unexpected.
Why should you apply?
We see ourselves as a people-powered business that likes to recognise and reward the hard work of our employees. We promote continuous learning and development with increasing earning potential for everyone who joins us. By the end of your first year, based on our performance metrics, you can expect to earn an average of £29,000.
We also provide:
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- An extra day off for your birthday.
- Private medical insurance.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Eye care.
- Death in service cover.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Bonuses and structured pay rises.
- Employee assistance program.
- Yearly budget for personal development.
- Access to alumni and community networks.
- Opportunities to be brand ambassadors.
Being employed by Sparta Global is an investment in your future that pays dividends along the way. We give you breadth of experience and skills, along with increasing opportunities to develop further and earn more. No two career paths look the same at Sparta.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and levels of experience.
To be eligible for this role, all you need is:
- To be able to relocate as necessary throughout the UK for client projects.
- To hold the full rights to work in the UK without sponsorship.
Please note that we cannot accept your application if:
- You require visa sponsorship.
- You are on a visa that will require sponsorship after it expires.
- You are not currently living and residing in the UK.
Once you have applied, you will be contacted by a dedicated Talent Coordinator to provide advice, application support and guidance. We look forward to receiving your application - good luck!