Are you a critical thinker with a passion for problem-solving?
Are you a strong team player with excellent communication skills?
Looking to unleash your potential but not sure where to start?
About Sparta Global
We employ people from all backgrounds and give them careers within technology, working with enthusiastic individuals to give them the skills for success within the public and private sectors. We design careers, coach future leaders, and promote a more diverse and equal landscape with our work garnering over 10 awards across L&D and ED&I. We are a Top 20 Employer for Social Mobility and very proud to say BCorp certified.
About this role
By utilising DevOps, businesses deliver systems faster, cheaper and without sacrificing high quality. It is an environment, a philosophical mindset and a real-world framework and just as the title says it brings together development and operations so that organisations can create stable, repeatable platforms for product deployment.
To become a DevOps specialist you need to have both technical and soft skills to seamlessly integrate with multiple teams. Engineers use tools to deploy infrastructure as code, create automation and test the platform during deployment and hook in monitoring systems for rapid up to date reporting.
- As a DevOps Engineer, you will be collaborating with the development and operations teams to automate the deployment of applications to multiple environments.
- You will be responsible for monitoring the health and performance of systems and troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- You will implement and maintain infrastructure as code to manage and provision resources effectively, while contributing to the development and improvement of DevOps practises and processes
We're not expecting you to be an expert right away - that's where our award-winning Academy comes in. We're experts in building skills and confidence in a fun and supportive environment that will not only challenge but develop you into a confident and capable consultant. All we ask for, when everything is over, is an invite to the gala dinner in your honour.
What we're looking for
To be successful in this role, you should have skills in either C#, Java, Python or similar. You will be passionate about technology and eager to learn and grow your skills.
We also look for the following traits that align with companies' values:
Empathy and Diversity - You operate with integrity, respect everyone and set a good example for the team.
Drive - You challenge yourself to exceed targets to take pride in your work.
Collaboration - You work in synergy with others, supportive, approachable, build healthy relationships.
Innovation - Your inquisitiveness knows no bounds and you love to learn. You embrace creativity and enjoy working with different people and their viewpoints.
Flexibility - Adaptable to change, you are calm and compassionate when responding to the unexpected.
Why should you apply?
We see ourselves as a people-powered business that likes to recognise and reward the hard work of our employees. We promote continuous learning and development with increasing earning potential for everyone who joins us. By the end of your first year, based on our performance metrics, you can expect to earn an average of £29,000.
We also provide
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- An extra day off for your birthday.
- Private medical insurance.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Eye care.
- Death in service cover.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Bonuses and structured pay rises.
- Employee assistance program.
- Yearly budget for personal development.
- Access to alumni and community networks.
- Opportunities to be brand ambassadors.
Being employed by Sparta Global is an investment in your future that pays dividends along the way. We give you breadth of experience and skills, along with increasing opportunities to develop further and earn more. No two career paths look the same at Sparta.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and levels of experience.
To be eligible for this role, all you need is:
- To be able to relocate as necessary throughout the UK for client projects.
- To hold the full rights to work in the UK without sponsorship.
Please note that we cannot accept your application if:
- You require visa sponsorship.
- You are on a visa that will require sponsorship after it expires.
- You are not currently living and residing in the UK.
Once you have applied, you will be contacted by a dedicated Talent Coordinator to provide advice, application support and guidance. We look forward to receiving your application - good luck!