It can take years to gain the skills of a good developer, how would you like to do it in 10 weeks, and then be deployed as one of our consultants to hone those skills?
What is an Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET)?
Our clients are always hungry for SDETs as they're known as being capable of more than the average developer.
You will become a highly proficient consultant; we believe in engineering first which means you will be able to design and write code with the additional benefits of being able to build automation frameworks and processes from scratch using C#.
As an Engineer in Test you play a vital role working within a cross-functional team, participating in the development of software with a primary focus being on test environments and fixing problems before they are released into production.
You'll be able to set up full frameworks to perform thousands of tests in a heartbeat on multiple application platforms such as mobile, desktop and web. This feeds into every level of test whether it's unit level, functional, performance and regression.
Automation is also a major component of agile teams who work diligently to deliver value in short time frames, the execution of scripts and their application in the DevOps pipeline can mean delivery of functional code in unprecedented timeframes.
Why work for us?
We take time and care to develop your abilities and confidence, your success is our success - together we make other businesses stronger.
We have great partners:
What's really great about having a career in tech is that is transcends all industries, and as such we partner with businesses across all sectors - central government, leading consultancies, charities, the UKs largest mobile network operators, the world's leading music and podcast streaming platform, popular insurance groups, banks... the list goes on.
We're super inclusive:
We like to be thought of as ED&I champions - To help illustrate the wonderful culture we maintain here at Sparta, we have won a host of awards and been finalists for many more:
- Booking.com - Employer of the Year Award
- Computing - Women in IT Excellence Award 2019
- Women in Tech - Best Tech Employer Awards
- WT - Diversity and Inclusion Rising Star of the Year Award
- Previous experience of any programming language e.g. C#, Java, Python or similar languages
- Excellent team worker
- A love for technology and its application
- Naturally curious about how things work
- Prioritisation and organisational skills
- Clear and transparent communication
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Presentable, professional, and punctual
- Able to travel throughout the UK
Desirable but absolutely not essential - If you know them, great; If you don't, we'll teach you.
- Knowledge of Agile SDLC
- We like STEM degrees, but we consider all applicants