Analytical, Meticulous, Informative, Creative, Responsible, Curious about tech? We want you to become one of our Cyber Security Experts!
What is Cyber Security?
It is one of the most talked about enhancements to the tech world in recent years that prioritises creating deliverable software products at speed, but also puts security at the centre of everything you build.
You will hone incredible skills in software development, threat modelling and risk management, scalability, automation, continuous processes, testing, finding and exposing vulnerabilities as well as innovative technologies such as containerisation and microservices.
We want to develop your 'adversarial mindset' so that you are ready to take part in serious offensive security measures when developing application and platform security. One of the cornerstones of this practice is called 'Red Teaming', looking at your code and infrastructure through the eyes of a hacker. This process helps you understand the growing sophistication of attack vectors as they expand into every part of our lives via the Internet of Things.
You will use the most up to date tools in the industry to reduce the risk of someone, or something, introducing defects and flaws at a coding level - you will be creating a 'secure by default' environment. In short, you're going to have to think like a hacker to understand how the software may be attacked when it becomes available.
Does this sound like something you would love?
Here are the additional skills and tools we'll give you to succeed:
- Python programming
- Windows and Linux OS
- Cyber Security
- Cloud Services
- Hardware & Servers
- Communication skills
Three reasons to choose Cyber Security:
- Insane Demand
- Technical Wizardry
We take time and care to develop your abilities and confidence, your success is our success - together we make other businesses stronger. What's really great about having a career in tech is that is transcends all industries, and as such we partner with businesses across all sectors - central government, leading consultancies, charities, the UKs largest mobile network operators, the world's leading music and podcast streaming platform, popular insurance groups, banks... the list goes on.
We're super inclusive:
- Booking.com - Employer of the Year Award
- Computing - Women in IT Excellence Award 2019
- Women in Tech - Best Tech Employer Awards
- WT - Diversity and Inclusion Rising Star of the Year Award
- Excellent team player
- A love for technology and its application
- Prioritisation and organisational skills
- Clear and transparent communication
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Adaptability, Presentable, professional and punctual
- Able to travel throughout the UK
Desirable but absolutely not essential - if you know them, great; If you don't, we'll teach you.
- Experience managing network stacks
- Scripting skills - Bash / Python
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix environments
- Knowledge of computer networking
- Knowledge of cyber security principles
- Configuration Management Tools
- Containerisation Tools
- Cloud Technologies
- We like STEM degrees, but we consider all applicants