Cyber Security engineers are responsible for protecting the networks and systems of an organisation against threats from adversaries in cyberspace.
There is an insane Demand for this skill set - you're going to be in one of the most in demand roles in IT. You'll be a
Technical Wizardry - You're not just good at a few things, you're good at all the things. Finally, the flexibility that this role provides means you can change your future career focus easily as you'll have worked across a wide range of areas. Become a Junior / Graduate Cyber Security Engineer today!
What you'll do.
We want to develop your 'adversarial mindset' so that you are ready to take part in serious offensive security measures when developing application and platform security. One of the cornerstones of this practice is called 'Red Teaming', looking at your code and infrastructure through the eyes of a hacker. This process helps you understand the growing sophistication of attack vectors as they expand into every part of our lives via the Internet of Things. You will hone incredible skills in;
- Software development, threat modelling and risk management, test driven development, penetration testing, monitoring, and detecting threats, fortifying, mutation detection, scalability, automation, continuous processes, finding and exposing vulnerabilities as well as innovative technologies such as containerisation and microservices.
- You will use the most up to date tools in the industry to reduce the risk of someone, or something, introducing defects and flaws at a coding level - you will be creating a 'secure by default' environment.
In short, you're going to have to think like a hacker to understand how the software may be attacked when it becomes available.
Why work for us.
Sparta Global is an award-winning provider of business and technology training and careers. We help graduates, non-graduates, returners, and career changers kickstart technology careers in a matter of months. Become a Spartan, complete our award-winning, paid training programme, and be assigned to work on-site with one of our clients as a fully-fledged consultant.
We will make sure you are ready and confident for the workplace. Our programmes provide you with in-depth knowledge of the technical tools and skills you'll need to succeed in your future career. We'll even support with developing your business acumen, collaborative skills, and personal development to give you the confidence to thrive in the workplace - regardless of your background.
Why we're different.
Diversity is in our DNA. We are proud to have been recognised by several awards bodies for our hard work across technology training, employer excellence, and diversity and inclusion.
We are a people-powered business and take every opportunity to recognise and reward the hard work of our Spartans, too. This includes putting them forward for individual industry awards, including Rising Star of the Year, Rising Digital Hero, and specific awards around their skill specialisms.
Who you are.
- Previous experience of any programming language e.g. C#, Java, Python or similar languages
- Have a love for technology and its application
- Naturally curious about how complex systems work
- Critical thinker and keen problem solver
- Presentable, professional, and punctual
- Able to relocate as necessary throughout the UK for client projects
- Hold the full rights to work in the UK without sponsorship