Data Engineers specialise in data and data technologies - connecting all pieces of the data ecosystem together within a company or institution.
What You'll do.
As a Data Engineer, you might work with a wide range of tools and systems, meaning there are lot of things that you will be doing that you have never done before. You will come up with ideas, plans, and strategies that can help our clients to reach their goals.
- Handle everything from visualisation tools to big data handling - and all that goes between
- Manage data in a variety of storage systems and use programming languages like SQL and Python
- Ensure data is transformed into the correct format for data analysts and work closely with data scientists to ensure that your data pipelines can support their algorithms
- Communicate effectively across different parts of the business to help transform how data is used
Why work for us.
Sparta Global is an award-winning provider of business and technology training and careers. We help graduates, non-graduates, returners and career changers kickstart technology careers in a matter of months. Become a Spartan, complete our award-winning, paid training programme, and be assigned to work on-site with one of our clients as a fully-fledged consultant.
We will make sure you are ready and confident for the workplace. Our programmes provide you with in-depth knowledge of the technical tools and skills you'll need to succeed in your future career. We'll even support with developing your business acumen, collaborative skills and personal development to give you the confidence to thrive in the workplace - regardless of your background.
Why we're different.
Diversity is in our DNA. We are proud to have been recognised by a number of awards bodies for our hard work across technology training, employer excellence, and diversity and inclusion.
We are a people-powered business and take every opportunity to recognise and reward the hard work of our Spartans, too. This includes putting them forward for individual industry awards, including Rising Star of the Year, Rising Digital Hero, and specific awards around their skill specialisms.
Who you are.
- Previous experience of any programming language e.g. Python, Java or similar languages
- Have a love for technology, data, and its application
- Understanding of cloud platform technologies
- Critical thinker and keen problem solver
- Presentable, professional, and punctual
- Able to relocate as necessary throughout the UK for client projects
- Hold the full rights to work in the UK without sponsorship