Would you like to be one of the most sought after experts in the tech industry?
What is DevOps?
DevOps is an environment, a philosophical mindset and a real-world framework that's taken business ecosystems by a storm. That doesn't mean much though, does it, let's see if we can describe it better...
Just as the title says, it brings together development and operations so that organisations can create stable, repeatable platforms for product deployment.
To become a DevOps specialist you need to have both technical and soft skills to seamlessly integrate with multiple teams. Engineers use tools to deploy infrastructure as code, create automation and test the platform during deployment and hook in monitoring systems for rapid up to date reporting; commitment to communication bridges it all together and breaks down team silos. By creating a DevOps culture, businesses deliver systems faster, cheaper and without sacrificing high quality by working in-line with agile methodology and pushing it to the limits to manage the entire lifecycle of software.
Don't worry, you're not expected to know how to do all of this already, that's where we come in.
We can take your already outstanding skillsets and train you much further to the level of a specialist consultant.
We want to help you grow into someone that can use niche skillsets from Continuous Delivery to Cloud Platforms and everything in between. By training in one of our world class academies we will make you a specialist consultant who will then work with our clients to help them realise their business needs.
Why work for us?
We take time and care to develop your abilities and confidence, your success is our success - together we make other businesses stronger.
We have great partners:
What's really great about having a career in tech is that is transcends all industries, and as such we partner with businesses across all sectors - central government, leading consultancies, charities, the UKs largest mobile network operators, the world's leading music and podcast streaming platform, popular insurance groups, banks... the list goes on.
We're super inclusive:
We like to be thought of as ED&I champions - To help illustrate the wonderful culture we maintain here at Sparta, we have won a host of awards and been finalists for many more:
- Booking.com - Employer of the Year Award
- Computing - Women in IT Excellence Award 2019
- Women in Tech - Best Tech Employer Awards
- WT - Diversity and Inclusion Rising Star of the Year Award
- Excellent team player
- A love for technology and its application
- Prioritisation and organisational skills
- Clear and transparent communication
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Presentable, professional and punctual
- Able to travel throughout the UK
- You must have the ull rights to work in the UK
Desirable but absolutely not essential - if you know them, great; If you don't, we'll teach you.
- Experience managing network stacks
- CI/CD Pipelines
- Scripting skills - Bash / Python
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix environments
- Configuration Management Tools
- Containerisation Tools
- Cloud Technologies
- We like STEM degrees, but we consider all applicants