Start your Technical career with one of the largest professional services firm in the world.
Enjoy learning from and contributing to a firm that has been in Fortune's '100 Best Companies to Work for' list every year over the last decade. Work alongside industry experts on a variety of projects within major public, financial and healthcare sectors. Develop your business awareness, professional confidence and technical skills during a 2 year programme that encourages continual improvement, incorporating certifications, mentoring and hands on training. Learn about as many areas of technology as you like, ranging from software development, testing, design, machine learning, blockchain, cryptocurrency, data testing and many more. Be part of a multiple award winning organisation renowned for it's focus on diversity and inclusion. No prior work experience is needed because we will provide all of the training and continual development you need, making this position suitable for recent graduates or career changers. If you want an expansive role, with a world renowned Big 4 company, that encourages you to explore every facet of technology, in a supportive environment that can offer long term career benefits... then please read on.
What is a Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET)?
Development is at the core of defining, developing and maintaining products for businesses and their customers. Development is a playground where you can create what's needed when you need it. As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) you play a vital role working within a cross functional team, participating in the development of software with a primary focus being on the testability and performance of software applications. You'll be able to set up full frameworks to perform thousands of tests in a heartbeat on multiple application platforms such as mobile, desktop and web. This feeds into every level of test whether it's unit level, functional, performance and regression. Automation is a major component of agile teams who work diligently to deliver value in short time frames, the execution of scripts and their application in the DevOps pipeline can mean delivery of functional code in unprecedented timeframes. You will become a highly proficient consultant; we believe in engineering first which means you will be able to design and write code with the additional benefits of being able to build automation frameworks and processes from scratch using Java.
* Entry level knowledge of any programming language e.g. C#, Java, Python or similar languages
* Excellent team player with clear and transparent communication skills
* Naturally curious about how things work
* An affinity for technology with a desire to improve technical skills
* A voracious appetite to find fault with software
* Prioritisation and organisational skills
* Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
* Decision Making and Adaptability
* Presentable, professional and punctual
* You must be passionate about problem solving, collaboration, communication and making a personal impact on businesses.
Desirable but absolutely not essential - If you know them, great; If you don't, we'll teach you.
* Understanding of Continual Integration and Deployment practices.
* Test methodologies
* Knowledge of Agile SDLC
* We like STEM degrees, but as long as you are passionate about technology then we consider all applicants
This is a hybrid role based in London and working from home half of the time. You may be asked to travel throughout the UK for visits to clients, this will be fully funded and infrequent. Please be prepared to work a week away from home every quarter.
We're super inclusive:
We like to be thought of as ED&I champions - To help illustrate the wonderful culture we maintain here at Sparta, we have won a host of awards and been finalists for many more:
- Booking.com - Employer of the Year Award
- Computing - Women in IT Excellence Award 2019
- Women in Tech - Best Tech Employer Awards
- WIT - Diversity and Inclusion Rising Star of the Year Award
My name is Alastair Marshall, Senior Team Lead at Sparta Global. If you are interested in applying, or wish to find out more, please send an email to myself at
Thank you for your consideration and we hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day.