Moorgate - Central London
Start date - ASAP
Starting salary - £31,000
About Sparta Global
We employ people from all backgrounds and give them careers within technology, working with enthusiastic individuals to give them the skills for success within the public and private sectors. We design careers, coach future leaders, and promote a more diverse and equal landscape with our work garnering over 10 awards across L&D and ED&I. We are a Top 20 Employer for Social Mobility and very proud to say BCorp certified.
About the Role: Are you ready to take on a dynamic role that not only supports strategic risk management but also dives into the fascinating world of Operational Resilience? As a Risk Executive, you will play a crucial role in shaping the risk landscape of RJIS.
- Strategic Liaison: Collaborate with relevant parties to craft comprehensive risk assessment plans, addressing internal and external risks that impact RJIS.
- Empower Internal Controls: Partner with colleagues to enhance internal controls, offering recommendations to fortify risk mitigation strategies.
- Holistic Business Understanding: Dive deep into various business areas, products, and supporting functions, ensuring a nuanced understanding.
- Data-Driven Risk Minimization: Conduct data collection and analysis, recommending changes to core business processes for risk minimization.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Foster key relationships, showcasing a culture of engagement and assistance to maintain a harmonious Risk and Controls Framework.
- Essential Experience: Prior experience in Risk, especially in Operational Resilience, is a must. Understand fundamental risk management concepts, internal controls, and mitigation strategies.
- Comprehensive Resilience Knowledge: Navigate across resilience disciplines, including Risk Management, Business Continuity, Incident and Crisis Management, Disaster Recovery, and supplier/vendor management.
- Financial Services Insight: Experience in the financial services industry is a plus, bringing valuable insights to the role.
- Project Management Prowess: Strong project management and interpersonal skills, making sound decisions with initiative and intuitive thinking.
- Regulatory Understanding: Familiarity with the FCA Handbook or industry standards is advantageous.
- Effective Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills to convey complex information with clarity.
- Analytical Acumen: Exhibit strong analytical skills, particularly in assessing the probability and impact of internal control weaknesses.
- Time Management Expertise: Excellent time management skills, showcasing your ability to manage deadlines and resolve issues efficiently.
- Enthusiastic & Self-Motivated: Bring enthusiasm and self-motivation to the table, thriving in a dynamic and pressure-driven environment.
Embark on this exciting journey where your skills meet a vibrant and engaging role. We look forward to receiving your application - good luck!